CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Our first trip to the mountains


Daddy with his little Eskimo
Our Crossover's inaugural trip up the hill

Dennis and I realized that our first trip to the McClure cabin (my parents built it when I was 5 years old, so I have lots of memories there) was also our first trip as a new family! We've been together with other family on all our other jaunts, so it was fun to have our first outing. Dennis, Ethan, Rocky, and I packed our new car full of stuff for a quick weekend trip. Thankfully the weather was great and we took several hikes. Ethan is getting to be pretty heavy, though! Rocky absolutely loves being able to run without a leash, and is a great scout dog for us as we hike. It was so restful to be away from cell phones, D's blackberry, internet, and television...Dennis and I enjoyed a fire and a game of Scrabble! We even got to see Ethan's great-grandparents, so it was a fabulous weekend.